"This will be the hardest thing for me to write in my life, but if it saves even one life, it is worth it.." These are the words of Michigan mother Angela who has turned to social media to spread her warning message around the dangers of co-sleeping after her own baby died.
Baby Everett James was reported to have suffocated while sleeping with his mother. Sleeping with a child may seem like an innocent act, and according to one recent study, many parents admit to doing this with their children. However, it's important to note that it just takes one accidental mistake for everything to change.
This is such a terrible tragedy - waking up and realizing your child isn't breathing. We are so inspired that Angela has had the courage to share her story with the rest of the world to prevent future accidental deaths. It's too common for people to think "that won't happen to me." Please help spread awareness on this very important issue. Doctors report saying the best advice to prevent against this is to avoid co-sleeping entirely and to rest the baby in a crib without pillows or other blankets.
From recent news reports, the police are still investigating baby Everett's case.